Welcome

We're really glad you stopped by! If you are looking for creative parenting support and tools to help your child, we can help.
This blog is no longer active, so if you want lots of parenting tools and tips visit
visit us at www.thecreativityqueen.com

The Creativity Queen

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Creative Clarity- Art Therapy and Limiting Beliefs




What if you were to live your life so clearly on purpose that whatever you did would take you steps closer to your creative purpose? I have been delightfully stepping more boldly into the life I so desire to create. Yet, in doing so I have had all the little (and not so little) gremlin thoughts creep up in my mind. We all know these thoughts- what if I fail, what if I succeed, what if I am embarrassed, what will other's think, will I be exposed, can other's see my warts and all and still lovingly embrace me, what if they reject me, or humiliate me, what if I humiliate myself. I hear these thoughts and rather than shutting them down and pushing them aside I honor them by listening to the deep underlying message, "What is it that you really want"? They answer back clearly, "Don't leave us behind, we just want to be embraced and loved".

Think about those aspects of yourself that you try to avoid upsetting by playing it safe. All they really want is some love and attention. Rather than running away, shutting down, or shutting them out maybe you can sit with these thoughts and find a way to peacefully reconcile with them using some art materials. Take a moment to use some paint, markers, chalks or oil pastels and create an image of these thoughts. Ask these thoughts what they need from you, then allow a space to listen and create artwork that gives these thoughts what they need.


When you let go of old thinking you allow space for creating new ways of thinking.

No comments: